NewTown Loans, 555 Poplar St., Macon, GA
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Application Deadline: 5:00 PM Monday, March 29
Salary: $40,000 per annum, paid twice a month
Benefits: 13 paid holidays, 20 PTO days, flexible work schedule, cell phone, short- and long-term disability and 4% retirement match 401k, health insurance, opportunities for professional development and certification
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, subject to change
About NewTown Loans
The mission of NewTown Loans, LLC, is to make successful investments that revitalize Central Georgia by serving developers and entrepreneurs who have traditionally been denied access to financing and related resources. NewTown Loans is central Georgia’s first and only Emerging Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), designated by the United States Treasury. We currently manage a $10.5 million loan portfolio with 14 real estate loan holders and 12 small business borrowers, including a high percentage of entrepreneurs of color and projects fully or partially owned by women. NewTown Loans is poised to significantly grow our lending activity over the next five years by serving residents of low-income investment areas in Macon-Bibb and our Black entrepreneur community through education, coaching and financial resources. Although mounting an ambitious exponential growth strategy, NewTown Loans is supported by a stable parent corporation, NewTown Macon, a CDC that has been supporting and encouraging development and redevelopment of Macon’s Main Street and urban core for 25 years.
About NewTown Macon
NewTown Macon, a 501©3 non-profit organization, is the driving force behind revitalization in downtown Macon. NewTown is one of the most dynamic, comprehensive and innovative revitalization non-profits in the country. Formed in 1996, NewTown has leveraged more than $800 million of investment in the urban core during its existence. NewTown’s mission is to “attract, leverage and invest in self-sustaining transformation” in downtown Macon by increasing the number of residents living in downtown, growing jobs, creating a sense of place, and advocating for progress.
To learn more about NewTown Loans and NewTown Macon, visit www.newtownmacon.com.
NewTown Loans’ portfolio manager will be responsible for monitoring the health of the overall loan portfolio, developing relationships will current loan holders to determine payment solutions or support needs when necessary, and administering all loan payment servicing.
The essential responsibilities of the portfolio manager include:
- Manage the loan closing, documentation, and onboarding of new loans
- Maintain the loan servicing system, our cloud-based loan servicing software, Downhome Loans
- Manage the loan payment and collections process
- Communicate with borrowers and work with NewTown Loans staff if borrowers need access to specific resources or training to be successful and remain in good payment standing
- Evaluate records of delinquent loans and recommend loan modifications based upon borrowers’ financial capacity
- Execute regular portfolio monitoring and review
- Work with the Director of NewTown Loans to track funder covenant compliance and risk management activities as required
- Analyze portfolio trends and identify portfolio vulnerabilities by interpreting data on payment trends, borrower financial ratios, and other factors affecting the portfolio
- Prepare and present of oral and written reports on portfolio trends (e.g., real estate, small business, etc.)
NewTown Loans is a small team of four members and each employee manages his/her own time independently within their area of responsibility. Team members must be self-motivated problem solvers and must deploy their skills and abilities to bolster their colleagues, contribute to the success of the organization as a whole and fulfill our mission. Because the staff is small, tasks and projects shift across job descriptions fluidly as we encounter new opportunities and challenges, and to play to the strengths and interests of our team members. This position reports to the Executive Director of NewTown Loans, LLC.
The successful candidate will expend his or her time based on the following allocation of time to tasks, which will be evaluated through an annual performance review and revision by the employee’s direct supervisor:
- Manage the collections process according to NewTown Loans’ Loan Policy –35% of job
- Maintain accurate loan documents and loan servicing system integrity –20% of job
- Facilitate loan closing and on-boarding of new loans – 10% of job
- Communicate with borrowers to determine payment solutions or support needs if loan is at-risk – 10% of job
- Execution of periodic portfolio monitoring and review, loan tracking, and covenant compliance – 10% of job
- Preparation and presentation of oral and written reports on portfolio – 10% of job
- General administrative tasks and other assignments to support the office and management – 5% of job
Task allocations for this position could shift with the restructuring of organizational responsibilities or new hires. The Portfolio Manager and Executive Director of NewTown Loans will mutually agree to significant changes in the reallocation of job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and talk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Travel up to 5% of time is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the Google cloud equivalents
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Graduate degree or qualification in accounting, finance or a closely related field
- Two or more years of experience in the CDFI industry, banking, commercial lending, accounting, finance, or closely related field
- Proficiency or experience with loan servicing software and QuickBooks Online or similar cloud-based accounting software
Commitment to promoting downtown revitalization, real estate and business development, and equitable outcomes
NewTown Loans offers equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. NewTown Loans prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three reference to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline listed above.