NewTown Macon, Macon, GA
Job Title: Digital Content Manager
Application Deadline: 5:00PM Monday, September 20, 2021
Salary: $40,000 per annum, paid twice a month
Benefits: 13 paid holidays, 20 PTO days, flexible work schedule, health insurance (employer pays 80% of premium), cell phone, short & long term disability, and 6% retirement match 401k
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, subject to change (one fixed work from home day per week)
About NewTown Macon
NewTown Macon, a 501©3 non-profit organization, is the driving force behind revitalization in downtown Macon, Georgia. NewTown is one of the most dynamic, comprehensive and innovative revitalization non-profits in the country. Formed in 1996, NewTown has leveraged more than $850 million of investment in the urban core during its existence. NewTown’s mission is to “attract, leverage and invest in self-sustaining transformation” in downtown Macon by increasing the number of residents living in downtown, growing jobs, creating a sense of place, and advocating for progress.
NewTown is a small office where professionals manage their own time independently within their area of responsibility. Employees must be self-motivated problem solvers and must deploy their skills and abilities to bolster their colleagues, contribute to the success of the organization as a whole and fulfill our mission. Because the staff is small, tasks and projects shift across job descriptions fluidly as we encounter new opportunities and challenges.
To learn more about NewTown, visit www.newtownmacon.com.
The Digital Content Manager is a full-time, salaried position responsible for fulfilling our mission by creating high-quality, brand-consistent marketing communications that support all of the organization’s programming. This employee is responsible for managing the organization’s websites, digital communications, and social media accounts. This position reports to the Director of Place and works closely with all staff members.
The successful employee will be creative, well-organized, efficient, flexible, and able to multi-task. The employee will also be an excellent communicator and fluent in digital and traditional communication forms, including graphic design. We are looking for a team member who brings professional skills in marketing and communications, who can strengthen all aspects of our mission, especially increasing general awareness about our activities and success through storytelling and promoting downtown Macon as an irresistible destination.
- Associate degree in marketing, public relations or related field
- Advanced computer literacy, including:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in website content management systems
- Proficient in email marketing software
- Proficient with social media messaging and advertising (primarily Facebook and Instagram)
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, public relations or related field
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Expert in WordPress
- Expert in Constant Contact
- Proven work experience managing digital technology and social media programs.
- Deep knowledge of social media marketing
- Manage and grow NewTown’s social media profiles and presence by creating engaging content, monitoring and actively participating in relevant social discussions, and staying abreast of current social media trends -30%
- Manage NewTown Macon’s website to ensure information presented is accurate and complete, including working with downtown property managers to update NewTown’s online property finders and NewTown Loans staff to funnel loan clients to NewTown’s website -25%
- Write and oversee development of strategic web, social, and email content meant to engage, educate, and cultivate downtown stakeholders and generate new loan clients-20%
- Assist Director of Place in developing and executing an annual marketing strategy for NewTown Macon, its supporting programs, and downtown Macon -10%
- Promote programs and events produced by NewTown, including attending and documenting events in progress -10%
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the Director of Place -5%
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, the contact information for three professional references, and a writing sample of 300 to 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday, September 20, 2021.