NewTown Loans, 555 Poplar St., Macon, GA
Job Title: Business Consultant
Application Deadline: 5:00 PM Monday, March 29
Salary: $50,000 per annum, paid twice a month
Benefits: 13 paid holidays, 20 PTO days, flexible work schedule, cell phone, short- & long-term disability and 4% retirement match 401k, health insurance, annual opportunities for professional development and certification
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, subject to change
About NewTown Loans
The mission of NewTown Loans, LLC, is to make successful investments that revitalize Central Georgia by serving developers and entrepreneurs who have traditionally been denied access to financing and related resources. NewTown Loans is central Georgia’s first and only Emerging Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), designated by the United States Treasury. We currently manage a $10.5 million loan portfolio with 14 real estate loan holders and 12 small business borrowers, including a high percentage of entrepreneurs of color and projects fully or partially owned by women. NewTown Loans is poised to significantly grow our lending activity over the next five years by serving residents of low-income investment areas in Macon-Bibb and our Black entrepreneur community through education, coaching and financial resources. Although mounting an ambitious exponential growth strategy, NewTown Loans’ is supported by a stable parent corporation, NewTown Macon, a CDC that has been supporting and encouraging development and redevelopment of Macon’s Main Street and urban core for 25 years.
About NewTown Macon
NewTown Macon, a 501©3 non-profit organization, is the driving force behind revitalization in downtown Macon. NewTown is one of the most dynamic, comprehensive and innovative revitalization non-profits in the country. Formed in 1996, NewTown has leveraged more than $800 million of investment in the urban core during its existence. NewTown’s mission is to “attract, leverage and invest in self-sustaining transformation” in downtown Macon by increasing the number of residents living in downtown, growing jobs, creating a sense of place, and advocating for progress.
To learn more about NewTown Loans and NewTown Macon, visit www.newtownmacon.com.
NewTown Loans’ Business Consultant will be responsible for providing one-on-one coaching services to potential and current loan applicants and coordinating the range of support programs NewTown Loans offers to serve Macon-Bibb’s small business and real estate development communities, with a special focus on Black entrepreneurs and developers. The Business Consultant will work with applicants and the Director of Loan Operations to facilitate successful loan applications and also coordinate with the Portfolio Manager to provide ongoing support to NewTown’s loan holders.
- Present workshops or give talks at special events dedicated to small business or real estate support
- Coordinate and assist with the development of small-group training program content
- Help develop and market digital coaching resources
- Contact interested borrowers and orient them to NewTown Loan’s application process and technical assistance programs
- Assist clients in completing the loan application with a focus on business income statements and projections, real estate pro formas, business plan narratives, project budgets, and personal financial statements
- Work with borrowers to develop action plans to meet their goals and assist them in managing their cash flow and making effective business management decisions
- Facilitate networking opportunities for loan holders
- Collect, track, and enter client impact data in NewTown’s tracking database
NewTown Loans is a small team of four members and each employee manages his/her own time independently within their area of responsibility. Team members must be self-motivated problem solvers and must deploy their skills and abilities to bolster their colleagues, contribute to the success of the organization as a whole and fulfill our mission. Because the staff is small, tasks and projects shift across job descriptions fluidly as we encounter new opportunities and challenges, and to play to the strengths and interests of our team members. This position reports to the Executive Director of NewTown Loans, LLC.
- Solicit, schedule and hold introductory meetings with potential loan applicants- 30%
- Develop and deliver dynamic training programs that teach potential applicants skills in personal finance, entrepreneurship, real estate development and small business administration- 25%
- Support existing loan holders with individual training and coaching sessions- 20%
- Represent NewTown Loans with stakeholders, partners, and the general public to recruit additional loan applicants- 10%
- Develop new resources and maintain NewTown’s online toolbox of business planning materials- 10%
- General administrative tasks and other assignments to support the office and management- 5% of job
Task allocations for this position could shift with the restructuring of organizational responsibilities or new hires. The Business Consultant and Executive Director of NewTown Loans will mutually agree to significant changes in the reallocation of job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and talk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Travel up to 5% of time is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the Google cloud equivalents
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Graduate degree or qualification in small business management, banking, finance or a closely related field
- Three or more years of experience coaching or consulting with entrepreneurs on business planning and management best practices
- Demonstrated experience with commercial lending or financial statement analysis
- Proficiency or experience with QuickBooks Online or similar cloud-based accounting software
- Superior teaching and public presentation skills
- Experience developing entrepreneurial training content or related pedagogical experience
- Interest in downtown revitalization, real estate and business development, and equitable outcomes
NewTown Loans offers equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. NewTown Loans prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three reference to email@example.com before the application deadline listed above.