We would like to hear from you. Please fill out this quick questionnaire. This information will better inform the BID Board as we continue to work efficiently on your behalf. Thank you again for choosing to invest in downtown Macon in such an impactful way!
Monthly BID Meetings
The BID Board of Directors meets monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month. However, in an effort to prioritize everyone’s safety, as well as abide by CDC social distancing guidelines, the BID board has not convened physically since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak. Please continue to check back for updates on future meetings.
The BID Board of Directors meets monthly on the 4th Wednesday of each month, every other month, unless noted otherwise. The meeting takes place at NewTown Macon’s office (555 Poplar Street) at 4pm.
Each meeting is open to the public.
2021 Meeting Dates
Wednesday, February 24
Wednesday, April 28
Wednesday, June 23
Wednesday, August 25
Wednesday, October 27
Wednesday, December 15 (due to the holiday, the BID will convene on the third Wednesday)
The elected board members have working working diligently and attentively on your behalf to ensure the deployment of services tightly align with the goal of a cleaner and safer downtown Macon!
See below for a recap of BID happenings since the BID’s inception:
- March 2018: The published deadline (March 30, 2018) passes for 4 separate Request For Proposals, including administrative and district improvement services.
- June 2018: The BID Board of Directors votes and selects two administrative vendors based on the submitted RFPs for banking and insurance services.
- November 2018: After a extremely in-depth procurement process, the BID Board votes to engage with the nationally renowned ambassadorial service company, Block by Block. This company is contracted in 104 urban districts throughout the nation. The ambassador program will focus on special enhancement projects that ensure Macon’s historic city center is cleaner, greener, and safer.
- December 2018: The BID Board unanimously votes to engage the selected landscaping vendor, BrightView, to complete a downtown landscaping clean-up to spruce up the medians and green spaces in preparation for holiday traffic.
- January 2019: Block by Block is on the ground! Ambassadors have been hired and officially hit the streets.
- March 2019: BrightView Landscaping start and complete a median re-design at the intersection of Third St. and Mulberry St., just in time for the annual Cherry Blossom Festival.
- July 2019: 20 cigarette butt receptacles, or “buttlers,” are installed throughout the district.
- December 2019: The BID provides additional security for the annual Main Street Christmas Light Extravaganza.
- March 2020: COVID-19 causes the Ambassador program to reduce hours deployed to the district.
BID Board Elections
On September 19, 2017, property owners in downtown Macon met the Cox Capitol Theatre to elect an inaugural Board to manage the Downtown Macon BID. The following seven individuals will serve on the BID Board:
The Hon. Robert A.B. Reichert, Mayor of Macon-Bibb
Larry Brumley, Appointee, Chair of the Board of Directors, NewTown Macon
Members with Term Limits
Tom Wight, Chair – 577 Mulberry Street LLC; 240 Second Street, LLC (Second Term expires 9/2022)
Jean Bragg, Vice Chair – 530 Cherry Street Building Renovations, LLC; 543 Poplar St., LLC (First Term expires 9/2020)
David Sanda, Treasurer – Capital City Bank (Second Term expires 9/2021)
Wes Griffith- Griffith Family Investment; 543 Cherry Street Building, LLC; Mulberry Street Parking, LLC (Second Term expired 9/2022)
Terry Henderson, Bumbledawg Enterprises, LLC (First Term expired 9/2020)