Monthly BID Meetings
The BID Board of Directors meets monthly on the 4th Wednesday of each month, unless noted otherwise. The monthly meeting takes place at NewTown Macon’s office (555 Poplar Street) at 4pm.
Each meeting is open to the public.
The March BID meeting has been CANCELED due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The next meeting will tentatively take place on Wednesday, April 22 at 4pm if it is safe to meet.
The BID Offices are located on the ground floor of the Fickling Building at 577 Mulberry Street. If you need to get in contact with the BID street team, please contact:
Richard Bingaman, BID Operations Manager
Sign up for the quarterly BID newsletter, The Ambassador! This is the best way to receive updates about the BID’s efforts and how your dollars are being put to work for a cleaner and safer downtown Macon.Sign Up for The Ambassador
The Downtown Macon BID is vastly approaching its second year of joining the downtown revitalization efforts.
The elected board members have working working diligently and attentively on your behalf to ensure the deployment of services tightly align with the goal of a cleaner and safer downtown Macon!
See below for a high level recep of BID happenings over the last 13 months:
- March 2018: The published deadline (March 30, 2018) for all Request for Proposals for the four separate Request for Proposals for both administrative and district improvement services.
- June 2018: The BID Board of Directors vote and select two administrative vendors based on the submitted RFP’s for banking and insurance services.
- November 2018: After a extremely in-depth procurement process, the BID Board voted to engage with the nationally renowned ambassadorial service company, Block by Block. This company is contracted in 104 urban districts throughout the nation. Our ambassador program will be focused on special enhancement projects and keep our historic city center cleaner, greener, and safer.
- December 2018: The BID Board unanimously votes to engage the selected landscaping vendor, BrightView, to complete a downtown landscaping clean – up to spruce up the medians and green spaces in preparation of the holiday traffic.
- January 2019: Block by Block is on the ground and the ambassadors have been hired and officially hit the streets!
- March 2019: BrightView Landscaping, start and complete a median island re-design at the intersection of Third St. and Mulberry St., just in time for the Cherry Blossom Festival.
- April 2019: The BID Board begins exploring the implementation of a cigarette butt campaign.
BID Board Elections
On September 19, 2017, property owners in downtown Macon met the Cox Capitol Theatre to elect an inaugural Board to manage the Downtown Macon BID. The following seven individuals will serve on the BID Board:
The Hon. Robert A.B. Reichert, Mayor of Macon-Bibb
Larry Brumley, Appointee, Chair of the Board of Directors, NewTown Macon
Three Year Term (2018-2021)
David Sanda- Capital City Bank
Three Year Term (2017-2020)
Jean Bragg, 530 Cherry Street Building Renovations, LLC; 543 Poplar St., LLC
Terry Henderson, Bumbledawg Enterprises, LLC
Two Year Term (2017-2019)
Wes Griffith- Griffith Family Investment; 543 Cherry Street Building, LLC; Mulberry Street Parking, LLC
Tom Wight- 577 Mulberry Street LLC; 240 Second Street, LLC